'Ombrelli, Ombrelli, Ombrelli'

Sunday, February 28, 2010
Rome Day 1: Martedi, Febbraio 9:
Day's Mileage: 7.6














Some Gelato from 'Blu Ice' (Italy's equivalent to Baskin Robbins 31 flavors)














Amanda, Amy, and I eating our first gelato. I had mint chocolate chip.














Area Sacra ruins, they have been taken over by cat lovers and turned into a cat sanctuary.














The Taruga Fountain in the Jewish Ghetto




















Steps up to the Camidoglio, they were long and shallow, scaled for horses














The Ancient Roman Forum













Laura, Amanda, and I at the Roman Forum














Check out some sweet permeable paving found all over Rome. As a landscape architecture student I often find myself looking at paving patterns.....plus it was raining all day and I didn't have an umbrella.




















Amy losing her umbrella outside the Colosseum. Instead of helping her, we all just stood there, watched, and laughed; I immediately grabbed my camera.




















Nice umbrella Amy. Perhaps you should buy one from those ridiculous 'Ombrelli' salesman?...












We made a stop at the Pantheon in the evening, but of course there was no sunshine that day so we couldn't catch a beam of light.

No comments:

Post a Comment