"I Had to Throw the Architects a Huge Bone"

Sunday, February 28, 2010
Rome Day 2: Mercoledi, Febbraio 10:
Day's Mileage: 11.5





























A really interesting permanent art exhibit inside Parque Musica. The phrases were spelled out in different languages and different colors of lights.
















An outdoor amphitheater at Parque Musica.
















Inside one of the theaters at Parque Musica. The ceiling looks like a giant tortoise shell.















Some modern landscape architecture outside of the MAAXI, Museo Nazionale Delle Arti. The architects were of course looking at the building. I, however was looking at the landscape. After seeing all these modern architectural landmarks, Tony tells me (as one of the only two LA's here) that I'm going to like the space we were going to see next. He tells me he figured "I had to throw the architects a huge bone" after seeing all the piazzas and amphitheaters.
















This pretty much sums up our day....















The Spanish Steps


































The Trevi Fountain in the daylight. I was testing out some sepia tone pictures.


































The Trevi Fountain at Night. I like it much better lit up at night than during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment