"Mama Mia!"

Friday, February 5, 2010
Domenica, Gennaio 31:

Today I slept in (till noon!) I know, I know, you're thinking, why would I waste my time sleeping in so late when I'm in Italy? Well, the thing is...sleeping is not really wasting time. It felt so good! When I got up I went to lunch at Cafe Rogge with Laura and Heidi. I ate Pizze Salomino. It had a thin, flaky crust with a red sauce and pepperoni. After lunch, a bunch of of us walked down to a local football game (about 2 miles total). We thought we had to pay (it cost 10 euro) to get in so we started to walk away. Then the ticket man came running up to us and asked "Santa Chiara?" and waved us in for free! Yes! It was an intense game. The crowd was so loud even though there weren't too many people there. We recognized a few words: one coach kept yelling "Francesco!", and a fan behind me kept yelling "Mama Mia!" at the refs, at the players (quite possible with a few choice words thrown in). Laura also heard a "Rocco" out there too. For dinner we had macaroni, meatballs, veggies, and apple tort for dessert!










(View of the stadium from above, within the city walls)















(Josh, Emily, and Amy walking to the game)





















(the trail down to the stadium)













(the Medieval part of Castiglion Fiorentino provides a nice backdrop for the stadium)

No comments:

Post a Comment