"Move Into My Frame"

Monday, March 8, 2010
Lucca: Venerdi, Febbraio 26
Day's Mileage: 2 miles walking, 5 miles biking





















Arriving in Lucca. Look at that beautiful blue sky!




















The famous composer Giacomo Puccini grew up in Lucca. The building on the corner was his childhood home.




















Puccini is Tony's idol. On our very short tour he took us to this statue and said "I would like you to take my picture as I pose with my idol". And so he posed.

As part of the tour he informed us; "Ironically, he (Puccini) died a tragic death at a young age from cancer of the Larynx....hmm, I'll quit sometime" (Such a funny comment coming from Tony, a frequent, heavy smoker)














Tony 'conducting' the class in the Piazza Anfiteatro. As the name hints, this space used to be an amphitheater and now it exists with shops, restaurants, and apartments.














Our hostel 'Alla Dolce Vita' ('the Sweet Life'). It was more like a bed and breakfast minus the breakfast (so I guess that just leaves the bed...). It was a really quaint place with a big bathroom, decently comfy beds with down comforters, and an great location right off the corso.














Us girls riding bikes on top of the walls of Lucca. The trail is 4km. We went around twice!Technically we weren't supposed to ride bikes since they count as a vehicle and our insurance wouldn't cover it, but as Tony said "It's only illegal if you crash!..."














Emily and Amy riding bikes. I was taking the picture as I was riding/trying to balance (it's been awhile since I've actually rode a bike). I shouted to Emily and Amy to "Move into my fraameeee..." and then I almost (I said almost) crashed.














More bike riding shots














Amanda, Me, Laura, and Amy eating some afternoon Gelato. Straciatella e yogurt, pronounced yogoort (Chocolate chip and yogurt)














Dinner at Barallo's. I had linguine with a light cream sauce and artichokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment